Let’s analyse these 2 questions closely related to mindset:
- How do you keep positive mindset for boosting sales?
- How do we develop sales mindset for optimizing our performance in every department?
The answer of both these questions are different. In modern times, entrepreneurs and business leaders are looking for solutions and answers pertaining to 2nd question above. First question pertains only to sales team wherein second question pertains to overall team inside a business house.
Now you may be wondering that how non-sales professionals develop positive mindset or sales mindset which is rightly required. Positive mindset or sales mindset can interchangeably be used. However the remarkable thing is that people generally tend to move away from anything connected to sales if they are part of non-sales team or department. Sales is usually seen as non-specialized tasks with lots of physical & mental action in ultra-focused manner and something where you always need to chase your numbers. It is assumed that only certain kind of people can do sales related to a certain kind of a business. Sales referred mostly in connection to trade or commerce where a product or concept/service is sold with exchange of money.
There is a common myth that if your visiting card reflects any sales designation, only then you should develop sales mindset.
Let’s see this myth getting busted to find out why SALES MINDSET is the No.1 to peak business performance, irrespective of the designation printed in your visiting card. Through these six mindset hacks which we shall refer as “SALES MINDSET”:
SALES MINDSET HACK 1 :
- Do you are part of a sales team responsible for sufficient cash flow?
- Is there a need of maximizing customer delight of the client servicing team that you are responsible ?
- Are you part of human capital management team that responsible for a work culture conductivity for more happiness quotient inside the company and also for bridging the talent gap required for optimum productivity of every department?
- Do you a business owner or a business leader or a department head responsible for accelerating company profit by increasing revenue and reducing cost?
No matter which team you belong, the operations team, HR team, finance team, sales team, customer relation management team or you happen to be the TOP BOSS of the company,
I have a beautiful reminder for you –
“You are born to win”
And you win by selling because you always, I repeat, you always have something to sell. Sometimes you sell yourself, your vision, your skills, your passion, your service, your business, your time, your idea, your presence (time) or your perspective.
Sale is much wider, generic and universal than just an activity connected to money, trade or commerce. Out of many definitions, as per Webstar, Cambridge or Collins Dictionary –
“The sell is to persuade someone to accept an idea or plan, or to cause something to be accepted”.
Motive can be money, fear or emotional contentment, everyone in this planet is selling. So understanding this skill shall definitely upgrade the quality of your life.
Now the million dollar question is – Who are the people and from which department in your company doesn’t want to upgrade the quality of life? If the answer is – “No one”. None can isolate sales from their life, doesn’t matter willingly or non-willingly.
SALES MINDSET HACK 2 :
Some author has rightly said that-
“Whatever has happened in your life is sales and all you have received is sales commission“.
Let’s have some universal examples from day to day situations:-
- An admin team member is selling discipline for the benefit of the company’s work culture.
- A candidate on the interview table is trying to sell his strengths and HR team taking interview of the candidate by selling company’s brand image and policies.
- A sales team member is trying to sell the benefits and solutions to his prospects for selling the product or services of the company.
- A finance team member is trying to sell financial health to the company.
- A senior executive is trying to sell his leadership for improving the productivity of the team
So unarguably, irrespective of what designation you hold in your visiting card, anyone who is good solution provider is having the good sales skills. That’s why selling is considered as a noble and most rewarded skill.
Selling is NOT telling, it’s helping someone and 100% you can develop this skill.
Hence, Selling is contributing to this Planet through helping someone.
Now the million dollar question is – Who are the people and from which department in your company doesn’t want to help someone? If the answer is – “No one”. None can isolate sales from their life, doesn’t matter willingly or non-willingly.
SALES MINDSET HACK 3 :
We are the designer of our life, so we must understand what is the connection between our ability to sell and the quality of our life?
In order to understand, let’s analyse what are the skills required for efficient sales:-
- Integrity, Self-belief, Ability to handle rejection, Positive attitude, Persuasion Skill.
- Negotiation Skill, Enthusiasm, Good Body Language, Good communication.
- Goal setting to goal achieving skills & Empathy.
And exactly these same qualities are also needed to achieve any of the goals in life, connected to health, wealth, relationship, career or personal mastery. So mastering the art and science of selling is not important only from money perspective but also, it can really improve your overall life.
Now the million dollar question is – Who are the people and from which department in your company doesn’t want to improve their health, wealth, relationship, career or personal mastery? If the answer is – “No one”. None can isolate sales from their life, doesn’t matter willingly or non-willingly.
Before going to the next topic lets see what I have Done so far with these stragies.
SALES MINDSET HACK 4 :
Why the “ability of setting and achieving goals” is the most powerful and most rewarding outcome of sales activities?
Irrespective of whether you are a manager, student, worker, housewife or sales professional, by learning sales skills, we develop this habit of setting and achieving goals which are life changing.
The journey from setting to achieving goals demands us to develop and nurture some incredibly powerful soft skills:-
- Clarity – Clarity of what and how much you want
- Concentration – Concentration for focused effort
- Courage – Courage of thinking big and thinking positive
- Conviction – Conviction with never ending optimism
- Commitment – Commitment for achieving new target
- Consistency – Consistency in learning and applying with resilience
- Communication – Communication for self-reflection
- Change – Change in plans without changing goal
- Character – Character for maintaining integrity towards goals with perseverance
Yes off course acquisition of these skills are not easy. But the good news – “anyone can learn these skills and our job is to just make it simpler for you”.
Now the million dollar question is – Who are the people and from which department in your company doesn’t want to learn goal setting to goal achieving skills? If the answer is – “No one”, then no one can isolate sales from their life, doesn’t matter willingly or non-willingly.
SALES MINDSET HACK 5 :
Let me ask a plain simple question – Are you getting enough from your life?
If your answer is No, then it’s because you are not giving enough. Let’s understand it better.
- According to law of energy, you receive only by way of giving. And that’s exactly the psychology behind any sales activity.
- Selling is about giving solution. That’s why selling is always regarded as noble activity since it is all about helping someone.
- More you give, better you receive.
- Your monetary reward or the level of your emotional contentment is directly proportional to the SIZE of problem you solve.
The good news, you can really learn this skill of becoming a good solution provider.
Now the million dollar question is – Who are the people and from which department in your company doesn’t want to be solution provider? If the answer is – “No one”. None can isolate sales from their life, doesn’t matter willingly or non-willingly.
SALES MINDSET HACK 6 :
When we learn that selling is not just telling, then what exactly is selling?
Selling is patiently listening and asking intelligent questions with sole objective to understand the problem which needs to be solved. Now question is why a stranger shall open up to tell his or her problem? It is possible when you build trust and credibility during initial conversation.
So selling starts with building relationship only when you yourself feel and treat the relationship as the best one for you. This is possible only when you genuinely care to solve the problem.
And we call that “empathy”. Good news is that Empathy is a learnable skill. Incidentally, Empathy is the most valued and desired Leadership trait.
Now the million dollar question is – Who are the people and from which department in your company doesn’t want to improve their Leadership Skills at home or at work front? If the answer is – “No one”. None can isolate sales from their life, doesn’t matter willingly or non-willingly.
These six mindset hacks which we call Sales Mindset are the necessities of peaceful and abundant living. This is just not needed to improve sales performance, rather it is the way of life. Yes, you heard it right. Every aspect of your life will have a positive impact when you develop sales mindset, doesn’t matter whether you are handling sales or not.
After having almost 2 decades of sales experience in 5 various industries, it really helps me in designing various training capsules and educational series which helps not only the sales team but almost every department to develop and improve SALES MINDSET. These awareness becomes the platform for future transformations and this is how human capital can be developed through constant mind training and mindset coaching.